young @ heart

I've always had a fascination with "old people" ( I know, how p.c.) and enjoy learning about how various cultures revere their elders. I was stoked to hear about the new documentary Young @ Heart, which documents a chorus of spunky octogenarians as they learn a mishmash of songs from David Byrne, the Ramones, the BeeGees, Neil Young, Sonic Youth, and more. I got to see them shake it like a polaroid picture while singing OutKast on Ellen today.
One of their most moving performances that I've seen is this video of Coldplay's Fix You. Apparently, the singer was learning the song as part of a duet, but his partner died before they were able to perform together. I challenge you to watch this clip and not weep your eyes out. But in a good way...it's beautiful!
If you want to watch more upbeat, fun stuff, search for them on YouTube. The documentary is already playing in select theaters and hopefully will be more widely released soon.
2 comments:
Nice link!
I saw this movie with my Mom on Mother's Day. It was perfect :).
Post a Comment