12/17/08

Sick of All the Phone Books?

Chris and I (and everyone else in Austin) just received our third set of Yellow Pages and White Pages this year. They went straight to be recycled, again. What a waste of energy. The Yellow and White Pages are completely obsolete to anyone with Internet access (or a phone for that matter). YellowPagesGoesGreen.org is attempting to alleviate the problem by directly contacting phone book publishers with lists of people who have "opted-out" of receiving the books.


If you'd like to "opt-out" of recieving phone books, you can sign up here: http://www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org/stop-yellow-pages/

For times when you are not wired, don't forget about 1-800-GooG-411 for your free 411 calls.

3 comments:

Victoria December 18, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

thanks for the tip! I am so annoyed by getting the yellow & white pages - totally useless.

Unknown December 18, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

We just got our's too! I put it on top of the frig. We might need it... someday.

I have a friend who works for the Yellow Pages and a father who knows it as a source of income. There are a lot of people who could not imagine getting the info in the phone book any other way.

Perhaps we just have to wait it out-- my guess is another 15 years.

Emily Sue Orrick December 20, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

AMEN! I got mine yesterday and it made me sad thinking about the waste :-( I know my family still uses them both all the time, but for a couple like Dustin & me..they are pointless. It is nice to have the option to opt out.
Thanks for the link, Megan.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP