6/17/09

Time to Brag on My Friends

I am such a lucky girl. Really. My Austin friends came together last weekend to throw me a Bridal Shower that was really just So Special. My friends Connie, Abbey, and Deana and future sister Megan are my Austin-based bridesmaids, and they threw me a Sunday brunch. My mom and future mom were both able to come to town as well as many of the lovely ladies I love so much in Austin. And man, the love was in the details. The girls know I love local stuff and particularly anything Austin, so they went out of their way to add the little touches. We had breakfast tacos from a nearby taqueria, fruit salad made from fruits from the local farmer's market, bagels from a neighborhood bakery, and all of the goodies below.

Homemade cupcakes

Connie made mimosa cups with everyone's names!

Megan and Chris cookies from Quack's in my neighborhood. The heart is in Austin!

Handcrafted soap for everyone...Connie never ceases to amaze me!

Megan Bingo!

The girls had also found old, embarrassing pictures of me doing wacko things (some of which I had never seen!). And they organized a Megan bingo game with trivia questions about myself. It was hilarious. There was also a game that involved everyone explaining how they met me or experiences we had shared together. It was so special and I can't stop thinking about how wonderful my friends and family are to me. Many a tear streamed down my face, which I've come to accept as a given Sembera trait (my dad cried when we told him about the shower afterward). I was just so touched by the things everyone shared.

As much as the mind numbing pace of life has been frustrating me the past few years, I was so nice to just be in the same room for a few hours with so many people that mean a great deal to me. It was so energizing and just so warm. I love you all so much.

Some of my wonderful bridesmaids :)

moms & Megans

the gang

1 comments:

Petes June 18, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

we love you too (obvi)!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP