Most Targeted Books
This just bothers me. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of the most memorable and educational books I've ever read. The Color Purple, The Catcher in the Rye, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower are also great. Can't say I've read the others.
Click here to see an interactive version of this graphic.

1 comments:
Ugh I'm with you - this is so disappointing. TKAM is one of my all time favorite books as well.
It is amazing how people feel that sheltering their kids from these stories is the answer. Sure, raise them in a safe neighborhood so they don't get caught up in a gang or something. But reading about what's out there in the "real world", beyond the borders of suburban utopia, is probably the safest way to teach them the lessons needed for life. They will be ill prepared for life as a grown up if they are only taught to see through rose colored glasses. Need to have literature that provokes actual thought processing!!
Post a Comment