One of my Favorite Peeps*
This is Fay Lee, my paternal grandmother. I was thrilled to unexpectedly be able to spend a week with her in Florida on our recent vacation. She is such a special lady. She has Alzheimer's and her children made the difficult decision to help her move into assisted living earlier this year. But after spending time with her last week, I can assuredly say that she seems to LOVE it and is doing so well! I'm really proud of her.
Her husband also had Alzheimer's and passed away several years ago. Not long after, she lost her home, vehicle, and all of her belongings from Hurricane Katrina. She's had a tough few years, but she has remained happy and positive. We are so blessed to have her in our lives.
I took this photo at a beach bar where we celebrated my dad's birthday, ate yummy brunch, and listened to live bluegrass. And Grandma sipped her mimosa.
*It's a pun! Her great-grandchildren call her Peep :)

1 comments:
Fay Lee is such a doll! Glad you guys got to see her last week.
Post a Comment