9/16/08

Trashman 2.0

Unless you live in New Orleans, I'd guess you haven't heard of Sidney Torres. I hadn't either until about a week ago. I caught a great story about him on NPR.

Sidney owns a "waste management" business that won a contract to clean the French Quarter after Katrina. He is a true entrepreneur who is proud of his work, even if it is a little stinky. He has used modern technology (and attitude) to reinvent the trash business in one of the trashiest places I can think of (Bourbon Street is not a place I associate with cleanliness.)


As he says, he's bringing "class to trash." He created a fragrance called "SuperFresh" that the trucks spray throughout the Quarter. In the NPR interview, he spotted a cup (yes, one cup) in the Quarter and had a driver immediately drive to its location to remove it. Who would've thought?

Listen to the NPR interview here.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP