Popsicle, Anyone?

It's been really hot in Austin lately. I think today we reached 105 degrees and it's not expected to change anytime soon.
Did you know that Austin's per capita water usage is higher than that of both Dallas and Houston? I know - completely shameful (although it's quite possible that Lance Armstrong alone pushed us over the edge last year).
As your friendly Austin Water Utility employee, just sending a quick reminder to think about your water usage so we can get through the summer without maxing out our water and energy. Here's a list of 100 ways to conserve water. Many of them are not only easy, but also have many benefits beyond the actual water savings. Cheers!
2 comments:
I hate grass! It's such vanity. Our fancy ass neighborhood claims to water with recycled water so they don't have to follow the water schedule. Funny but I don't think we have had enough considerable rain to have recycled water. I say we have rock yards or artifical turf (saw some in Roswell NM at their DMV office)
I'm with you...golf courses in the desert make me have a nervous tick ;). Native landscaping is where it's at. We have some cool yards on our street that are surviving really well this summer. I can't wait to own a house and do some serious xeriscaping.
Post a Comment