Kudos for the City of Austin
Heard some good press about my employer, the City of Austin, today. The League of American Bicyclists has given the City a 2009 "Bike Friendly Business" award based on its efforts to encourage and support bicycle commuting. What's significant about this honor is that we were the only city given the award (yep, we actually beat Portland at something!). In fact, the only other government entity to earn the award was DC-based National Parks Service. Most award recipients were environmentally focused or active-minded businesses.
Austin's own Bicycle Sport Shop earned the highest level award (no surprises there).
I still long for the day when I can transfer downtown and take advantage of the bike perks and PE/health program as a whole. Pilates, spin, swimming, and marathon training classes, farm to work goodies delivered to your office, discounted Austin Java downstairs, and Lady Bird Lake across the street. I could hang. :)
2 comments:
Booo! I feel we don't deserve it yet, but heading towards the right direction
Hey, that's cool... the LAB is now recognizing cities as well as organizations. And Austin beat Portland to the list so... :P
Post a Comment