Teardrop Envy
After a half-cross country trek to Florida and back for Thanksgiving, I overdosed on my fill of mega-RV sightings. 
I can try to be understanding. Maybe if you spend half of the year in a Rio Grande Valley RV Park like this one and never leave your spot and need a certain "standard of living", I'll let you slide by. But judging by the huge spike in sightings I see during holidays, I think people are actually using these things to get around. Maybe it's just me, but what a nightmare! It would be so limiting.
I've never traveled in an RV, but I think it could be a lot of fun...under appropriate circumstances. For example, if I was traveling with small children in a very cold area, camping might be a little tough. Or if I was an elderly woman traveling alone I might want more than a spot on the ground.
In fact, I met an elderly widow about five years ago at Big Bend. She was a very sweet octogenarian traveling alone across North America. Her husband had died years before, and she stayed at home, deeply depressed for several years. They had plans to see the country together, and he died before they could set out. Once she moved past her grief, she bought herself a little teardrop and set out solo.
Her teardrop was the first I'd seen in person, and I instantly fell in love. Teardrops are tiny campers for one to two people, complete with queen size beds, heaters, and kitchens. As you can see, you don't need a huge vehicle to tow a teardrop.


After I've won the lottery or sold some photos to National Geographic, I may just purchase a teardrop for my little family. Certainly can't hurt to dream :)
3 comments:
That thing is huge! Why so much luxury? Here you go - http://mcsolushuns.com/newsiteImages/camperSetup.jpg
That's a cool one too, but I'd definitely prefer mine in cold weather ;)
That's pretty cool Dustin, but can you haul it with a two-wheeler? Trikes.... meh...
Post a Comment