6/11/10

My 11-year-old buddy took this photo with my camera.  I love how it is obviously taken from a child's perspective - looking up at the big sky, demoting the skyscrapers and promoting the clouds. 

I also love this photo because that's My Town.  Even though the great majority of those buildings went up in recent years.  And those trees in front are in Zilker, one of the best parks that we are all fortunate to have equal access to. 

Last night my husband and doggies and I were walking around Lady Bird Lake, and we couldn't help but discuss how great it is to live in Austin and how great it is to be able to see it from that perspective.  And hundreds of tourists were seated all around, anxiously awaiting the bats' emergence from Congress Bridge.  As we walked our dogs across the bridge on a Thursday night, we felt like a two-person parade, with everyone seemingly enamored with our dogs and our way of life here in Austin.  It made me think back to my first real visit here in high school to check out UT with my family.  We did the exact same thing - sat out and waited for the bats - and I remember being very jealous of young people out on trail with their dogs, obvious Austin residents.  The culture here probably had more influence in my moving here than UT did, which is why I'm still so happy to be here. 

3 comments:

Vic June 11, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

*sigh*... I don't want to leave!!

megan June 11, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Aww, I totally understand! But you will have a great time in DC and when you come back to Austin it will be soooo worth the wait :)

Petes June 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Man I hear ya. A college friend of mine in town this weekend for an interview would love to be back in Austin, but realistically it probably isnt going to happen. Makes me appreciate that I found a way to stay here.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP