Veggies Oh How I Missed You!
Megan without veggies = not good. So I was really sad to discover that that is exactly what the first trimester didn't allow me to eat. Morning Perpetual sickness set in several months ago, and is just starting to let up now. Not only was I completely repulsed by the thought of eating a salad, but my body couldn't digest it. Really. The few times I forced myself I had to run to my Shiny White Friend.
No, to all my meat-lovers friends' disappointment, I did NOT crave red meat or poultry. Bleh, fat chance. When my mom was pregnant with me, she had an Orange Julius and chili dog every day, so I think I got my fill in utero.
It's amazing how you can listen to your body to understand what you need nutritionally. The one thing I did seem to crave every day over the past three months was dairy - yogurt and pudding. Which makes so much sense because baby's bones were being formed.
Today I had a huge slab of green beans with my lunch, and not only did I want them, the actually tasted good! The old me is back!
No, to all my meat-lovers friends' disappointment, I did NOT crave red meat or poultry. Bleh, fat chance. When my mom was pregnant with me, she had an Orange Julius and chili dog every day, so I think I got my fill in utero.
It's amazing how you can listen to your body to understand what you need nutritionally. The one thing I did seem to crave every day over the past three months was dairy - yogurt and pudding. Which makes so much sense because baby's bones were being formed.
Today I had a huge slab of green beans with my lunch, and not only did I want them, the actually tasted good! The old me is back!


0 comments:
Post a Comment