1/23/09

Stuff this White Person Likes

I am a dork, but why exactly? One has to have certain characteristics or interests contributing to their dorkiness. I have many, but I'll give you a big one:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ROLLERBLADING.

Austin and Dallas are two very different cities, and this holds true to perceptions of inline skating. In Austin, the only great place for it is the Veloway. But even there, rollerbladers are sparse and dominated by cyclists. And not quite cool. But in Dallas, people embrace their inner 1992 and rollerblade without qualms. All kinds of people - I've seen seniors, kids, and even us cool almost-30somethings.

So I'm in Dallas today and what am I most excited about doing while my brother is at work? Rollerblading! Ondre lives in a loft downtown, and the trailhead of the Katy Trail is right outside. The trail is about 5K (one way) and connects downtown with the SMU area. It's a fantastic and very popular urban trail. My family and I have even used it to walk to restaurants for breakfast. People use it to get to train stops as well. But most of all, they walk, run, stroll, bike, and ROLLERBLADE with a smile.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP